Monday, September 27, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge 48




Hello Monday!  Over the weekend I had a chance to work on the challenge over at the Play Date Cafe.  The challenge this week is to use the colors purple, green, and gray to create a project inspired by the photo.  This photo looks like a real modern space, and I wanted my card to reflect the modern feel.  I tried to keep the design of my card simple.  I wanted to to try out some fabric yo-yo flowers and found a gray satin at my local fabric shop.  I used a circle die to cut the fabric and fray-checked the edges.  I used a straight stitch to sew around the edge and then gathered the thread.  After flattening the circle I added a rhinestone brad. 

Thanks for stopping by,

The Sleepy Stamper.






Stamps:  Beautiful You, by Verve
Paper:  Concord Grape, Certainly Celery, Shimmer White, Brushed Silver by SU
Ink:  Concord Grape by SU
Accessories:  Rhinestone brads, by SU, Storybook flourish cut by Cricut, Cuddle bug embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your entry! I really like flourishes, so yours immediately caught my eye! I would put this in a frame and hang it in my daughter's room, because it is so pretty. I also <3 the sentiment! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those flowers and the sentiment! What a great card-love that embossing-everything is FAB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment, wonderful ribbon roses you've created. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity and beautiful flowers!!!!!

    Have a great day.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design with the big flourish. It draws the eye across the card beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete