Thursday, September 16, 2010

Paper craft Star Sketch Challenge 12

So it's been almost 3 weeks of blogging and I have to say I am so humbled by all the response and comments from all my fellow crafters. I actually recieved a comment from Elizabeth Moore from Runs with Scraps Blog and co-creator of the Papercraft Star Challenge Blog, who invited me to participate in the current challenge.  Over at the Papercraft Star Challenge blog, this week's challenge is a sketch challenge.




After seeing this sketch I just knew I wanted to do a scrapbook layout.  I was so excited to scrapbook these photos because they have such a great story behind them.  My friend inherited all her family photos from an aunt and has taken on the task of archiving them. She allowed me to help by making a page for her to put alongside the amazing layouts she has already done.  These photos were actually taken for a photo contest in which her Uncle Ronald won!  Her mother Constance is simply adorable, and the two of them together are beautiful children. Here is the page and I hope my dear friend likes it.


Paper:  Designer paper by K&Co
Accessories:  TPC studio ribbon, vintage buttons, handmade ribbon flower, vintage papers

6 comments:

  1. This layout is just beautiful! I am so happy you have joined us for this week's challenge at Papercraft Star! I hope to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your interpretation of the sketch is great. I love how you used the tags on it too!

    I'm so excited that you decided to enter the Papercraft Star sketch challenge this week!! I'm also fabulously excited that you've joined the crafting world in cyberspace here with your blog... sharing all of your creations will be so much fun... but be careful...it can be addicitive (I should know...lol). I look forward to see lots more of your creations entered in the challenges to come at Papercraft Star as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job on this layout! Looks like you and I were on the same wavelength with themes this week. :) Love your flowers and the little tags. So glad you decided to take Beth up on her invitation. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful layout! what a wonderful keepsake! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous scrapbook page. Its so important to save the memories of our elders as that's all we have left of the past, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice layout...those older pictures are always so hard for me to scrap...you did a good job on them!

    ReplyDelete