Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Play Date Color Challenge Color Story

This weeks color story from the Play Date Cafe blog is SO beautiful!  I just love the colors of Bubble gum pink, Green, and Navy.  I have seen some very beautiful creations from the design team along with the participants.  For this challenge I stepped out side the box and created a dress for my little diva.  I used a pattern 2668 from Simplicity.  For the dress I pretty much stayed with the pattern and only made small adjustments like the Navy satin flower and ribbon trim on the bottom.  How awesome was E.T's card in this challenge!  That flower looks so great on her card.  She even gives a tutorial for making the satin flower on her card.  Yep I used that tutorial to create my ribbon flower too, and I think is looks great on clothing as well!  Thank you E.T!  My little girl just loves her new dress, and in pure DIVA fashion she twirled and cat walked this little number to no end!  Of course I can't just help myself I also made a card.  Using the same ribbon on the dress, I created a simple bow embellished with a Prima flower.  The Victorian Garden patterned paper from Echo Park reminded me of the fabric from the dress.  The sentiment is from Crafty Secrets.  Well that does it for this post.  Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.

Anitra













Paper:  Echo Park Victorian Garden, Night of Navy, Whisper White cardstock from SU
Ink:  Night of Navy from SU
Stamps:  Cherish from Clear Arts Stamps
Embellishments:  Spellbinders, ribbon from Offray, Prima flower

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Anitra! WOW! I am in awe at how gorgeous that dress is! I bet it looks even more so on your precious, little one! And your card is stunning, too, but that dress... Well, it steals the show! Thanks so much for bringing such a unique creation to us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty dress and the satin flower really is a sweet touch. Your card is simply gorgeous! Way to go on the Papercraft Star DT too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Word. I'm speechless. This is amazing! I LOVE that you made a dress. I LOVE that you were inspired by another player and I LOVE that you made a gorgeous matching card. Speechless. Thank you so much for playing along this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anitra, all I can say is "Wow!" You've totally bowled me over. THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...what a precious dress you've made for your duaghter! EXCELLENT!!!! Oh yeah, the card is lovely too LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have know you could sew too. LOL That dress is gorgeous and so is your card. Can't wait to see what other hidden talents you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete