Friday, November 19, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge 22

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!  For me this week has gone by much too fast.  With Thanksgiving fast approaching it's full speed ahead with the Christmas cards!  This weeks challenge over at the Papercraft Star Blog is to create a Christmas card or tag featuring a Christmas tree, or Ornament.  Participants are asked to use a die cut item, along with ribbon, bling and a handmade embellishment.  For my card I used an globed sticker embellishment from K&Co along with the coordinating mat pack.  For my handmade embellishment I made a ric rac ribbon flower.  These flowers are so cute and I just have to share with all of you where I learned to make these flowers.  I purchased a book titled Ribbonrie by Making Memories.  In this book, there a lot of ways to use ribbon in your craft and home decor projects.  I was able to pick one up from my local Achiver's at an awesomely affordable price of $5.  For my flower I made a large ric rac flower and adhered a smaller flower on top using a fabric adhesive.  Well as aways thank you for stopping by.

The Sleepy Stamper







The Sketch used for this card was the Mojo Monday sketch 165, designed by Julee Tillman








Paper:  Old Olive cardstock by SU printed paper by K&Co
Ink:  Real Red by SU, Distress inks by Tim Holtz
Stamps:  O Chtistmas Tree by Verve
Embellisments:  Top notes die by SU, globed sticker by K&Co, old olive ribbon by SU, red ric rac by Wrights, bling by K&Co

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and that flower is just fantastic! Thank you for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning;0) This is beautiful! Love the lace and the flower is so pretty. Did you make it? Hope you are having a great weekend so far;0)

    Hugs
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete