Thursday, November 3, 2011

Christmas Smooches!

Hello my bloggy friends!  Hope everyone is having a good week so far.  Here in Central Texas we had a cold front come in!  After a summer of 100 degree weather everyday, it's time to break out the winter coats, hats and mittens!  This change of weather put me in the mood to create this card.  The color inspiration came from this weeks challenge from the "My Partner In Crafting Crime", and I used a sketch from this weeks Mojo Monday.  These colors were just so fun to work with, I mean why not use pink in a holiday card.  I used a hot pink cardstock as my base.  I created my own background paper by stamping snowflakes in pink pirouette and added some faux stitching.  I then cut out a circle from some pink pirouette cardstock and embossed it with a swiss dot folder.  The image is a stamp from Taylored Expressions set called Penguin Pals.  Aren't these the cutest little penguins!!!  I just love these little cuties.  I colored them with Copic markers and added a little blush to their cheeks.  Once I die cut the image using Spellbinders labels fourteen, I matted it to some Certain Celery cardstock.  My embellishment was created using some tulle a little tinsel cord and a flourish.  I topped it off with a snowflake from K&Co.  This one was such a fun card.  I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and thank you for stopping by.

Anitra













Stamps:  Pinguin Pals from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette cardstock from SU, Choice White from Taylored Expressions, Patterned paper from Making Memories
Ink:  Memento Tuexedo Black, Copic Markers,
Embellishments:  Cuttle bug embossing folder, Spellbinders labels fourteen, Snowflake from K&Co., pearl flourish


4 comments:

  1. So cute Anitra! The design is wonderful, as is the color combo, and the penguins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely! Great composition. And I love coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so fab! Love your little details! Thanks so much for playing with us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anitra, I Just arrived at you blog. I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete