Sunday, October 3, 2010

Play Date Color Challenge 49




Time to play at the Play Date Cafe!  This week's color challenge is to use the colors: hot pink, turquoise, rusty orange and chocolate brown.  I love a challenge! But after seeing the vast array of colors, I thought there was no way that I could marry them together (at least not without a prenup!).  On this challenge I used a fairly neutral pallet, using the brighter colors as accent colors.  I wanted to try my hand at stamping on tiles.  I used a beautiful stamp from Paper Inspirations called Maiden # 4.  I stamped the Maiden in StazOn timber brown and then filled in the flowers and the hair band with colored markers.  After heat setting the ink, I sprayed a sealant over the entire tile and added cork to the bottom.  I made four tile coasters and a matching tag.  Loved this challenge and I look forward to playing again at the Play Date Cafe...

Thanks for stopping by,

The Sleepy Stamper













Stamps:  Maiden #4 by Paper Inspirations, Priceless by SU,
Ink:  Timber Brown by StazOn, Stampin Write Markers Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral, Real Rust, by SU,
Paper:  Chocolate Chip card stock by SU, Mariposa paper pack by DCWV
Accessories, Travertine tile, Cork sheet, embossing folder by cuddle bug,

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tiles and matching tag! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous way to work with colours you are unsure of! And your tiles came out great. Thanks for playing along with us in the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiles are lovely works of art, you did a great job with those colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vintage design! Wonderful project to enter the Play Date Cafe...thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete