Monday, October 18, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 51

Playing at the Play Date Cafe again!  This week's color challenge was to use the following colors: beige, blue and a light mint green.  If you haven't checked out the Play Date Cafe blog I want to encourage you to take a look.  Every week I see colors that I would have thought not to combine, and every week I am inspired by the entries and creativity of some amazing crafters.  I wanted to create a card and a matching gift bag.  I used a small box as a template for my gift bag,   Once I got my measurements I carefully scored and cut one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.   That's all it took, one piece of cardstock. I know, can you believe that?!  Creating the card really came together when I found a piece of trim that had the colors of the challenge.  Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. 

The Sleepy Stamper








 











Stamps:  Christmas Classics by SU
Inks;  Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Sage Shadow, by SU, Distress inks by Tim Holtz
Paper:  Crumb Cake cardstock, Shimmer White by SU, printed cardstock by DCWV Mariposa stack
Accessories:  Spellbinders, ribbon by SU, Pearls

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely a gorgeous duo! Love the colours and the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and gift box! Fab use of this weeks colors, love the added bling and your ribbon/lace treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful duo project. Absolutely love it! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! These projects are gorgeous! Love the sheer elegance of them, the beautiful blinged out ornaments and the lovely lace! All your details come together wonderfully to make brilliant creations! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY! This has got to be the most gorgeous gift set ever! I LOVE those pearls on the ornaments and the holly leaves on the bow! LOOOOOOOOOVE IT:) You rocked this challenge! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gift set! The card and bag are fabulous! Glad you joined us this week.

    ReplyDelete