Monday, May 26, 2014

Keeping it simple

Hello everyone.  It's Monday once again and our challenge over at the Kraft Journal is clean and simple.  Now I love me my embellishments so it is real hard for me to keep it simple.  I decided to start with a Blackboard stock paper as my card base.  Next I stamped my Happy Birthday sentiment from Crafty Secrets in Whisper White craft ink from SU.  I die cut the sentiment using a Spellbinders Labels 3.  Next I outlined a frame using a white gel pen, leaving a space for me to write the month June into the frame outline.  The sentiment was then popped up using pop dots and half back pearls added to the corners.



With so many birthdays in June I was so glad to have one done ready to go.  My birthday is in June along with my best friend, a cousin, and my two children.  Needless to say I better get a move on in creating more birthday cards!  I hope you give this clean and simple challenge a try.  I love seeing what each participant creates each week.  For more inspiration be sure to visit The Kraft Journal Blog to see what our designers have created!

As always, participants in our weekly challenges have a chance to be selected as our Featured Artist and showcased on one of our "Feature Me Fridays" posts. Each month Kraft Outlet will randomly give away a $15.00 Store Voucher at www.KraftOutlet.com!


Hugs,
Anitra

1 comment:

  1. I really like the chalkboard look to this CAS card, nice!

    ReplyDelete