Monday, May 12, 2014

Time to get Sketchy

Good Monday morning everyone.  I hope all the Mom's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.  This year my hubby made me a video of our kiddos telling me how much they appreciate and love me.  It was so sweet and such a surprise!  Because it's Monday once again it should be no surprise however, that the Kraft Journal has another fun challenge for you!  This week we have a sketch challenge.




I just love a good sketch.  I keep my favorites in a file on my computer so I can quickly pull one as a map when I've lost my crafty mojo.  For my card this week I followed the sketch pretty much with the exception of the three dots. 




I started my card with a Buff Ivory cardstock.  I then matted some patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.  Next I matted some more of the My Mind's Eye patterned paper in a coral geometric pattern onto some coral cardstock.  For the border strip in the sketch I used coordinating patterned paper from the same My Mind's Eye paper line and punched a decorative edge on the bottom.  To bring out the edge I distressed using the Distress ink marker in Old Paper.  And because I just can't help myself I used some of the Mint Green Tea seam binding now offered a the Kraft Outlet.  For my sentiment I used a stamp from Verve.  I stamped it onto a White Pearlized Decorative Label.  Using these labels makes it so easy to just stamp a sentiment onto and place on a card front or the inside of a card.  To finish my card I added two stickers from Tim Holtz Crowed Attic sticker pack.  This is where I thought adding three would be too much so I left it with two.  That's one of the reasons I love sketches.  They are just a starting point.  Be sure to stop by the Kraft Journal blog to see how different the projects are from the design team using the same sketch.  I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

Anitra


No comments:

Post a Comment