Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Sweet Hello

Here's my Play Date Cafe challenge entry.  This week's colors are Rust, Storm, and Deep Sea.  As usual the design team has some beautiful inspiration projects, which made me see how lovely these colors actually are together.  I made a simple card for this challenge, or at least my idea of a clean and simple card.  I started out with a base of Sahara Sand cardstock.  I then added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with some teal seam binding.  I made a simple bow and adhered a paper flower to the center.  The bling flourishes are from American Crafts and the leaves were punched from a Martha Stewart punch.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things stamped on to some Very Vanilla and punched with a SU word window punch.  That's really all there is to this card.  I have to say this is one of my favs!  Thank you Play Date Cafe for such a beautiful color story this week!  Hope everyone has a good week and thank you for stopping by:-)

Anitra











Paper:  Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand cardstock from Stampin Up, Patterned papers from Treasa Collins Posh, and Graphic 45's Vintage Christmas (paper flower)
Ink:  Going Grey from SU
Stamps:  Jolinne All Dressed Up by MFT stamps
Embellishments:  seam binding by wrights, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Tim Holtz flower die, flourishes by American Crafts



2 comments:

  1. Ahh, stunningly beautiful, Anitra! Love that pearl flourish...it certainly makes your already gorgeous card wonderfully elegant as well! Fabulous job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! This is so gorgeous--I LOVE the pearl flourish...and I LOVE the hint of orange that you have with the flower! GORGEOUS:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete