Monday, October 31, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 105

Happy Halloween everyone!  Trick or Treat?  Today I decided to give myself a little treat by playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe color challenge.  The color story this week is to use Kraft/Taupe, Flesh, and Cadet Blue.  Using the current sketch from The Card Positioning Blog I started off my card with a base of Crumb Cake cardstock, and matted some flesh tone patterned paper to it.  I then sewed around the edges and adhered some lace to the bottom.  For my sentiment I used a stamp from a Clear Art Stamps set called, "Sweet Kids", which I stamped in some Crumb Cake ink and cut out using some Spellbinders.  I then added a bow made from seam binding and adhered a button which I ran some bakers twine thru.  I was fine up until this point.  What I seemed to struggle with was balancing the card out.  Do you ever see projects that have a lot going on, on one side while the other side is screaming for some attention?  My card  was really left side heavy so I tried to balance it out by adding a photo corner, then I tried a piece of chipboard, then a flourish, but finally ended up using some half backed pearls.  That does it for this card.  I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween.  Thanks for stopping by.

Anitra









Stamps:  Sweet Kids from Clear Art Stamps
Ink:  Tim Holtz distress inks, Crumb Cake from SU
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla from Su, Webster's Pages
Embellishments:  Spellbinders, kraft doily from Maya Rd, lace, seam binding from Paper Loves Glue etsy shop

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, it has a romantic look to it. Love your beautiful lace trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the colors - that lace is perfect! Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Look at all the yummy elements on this card, gorgeous :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete