Friday, February 25, 2011

Three Little Words

So it's FRIDAY!!!  I hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy their weekend!  While reading one of my favorite blogs, Papercraft Star, I discovered that they have message board.  One of the threads is a "question of the day"  This past week Angi asked the question, "Have you ever tried to change your crafty style as things change or new trends come out of the industry?"  Good question.  Which got me thinking, what is my crafty style anyway?  I know I love to create vintage style projects, but I do like to try the latest trend.  One trend I've been seeing is scrunched binding and chipboard frames.  For this card I used a "Buff Ivory" card stock from The Kraft Outlet as the base of my card.  I also used the same card stock to stamp my image and make the frame.  To create the frame I used two dies from Spellbinders labels 9 and embossed it with a cuddle bug folder called textured textiles.  I distressed the frame with distress inks by Ranger.  For the embellishments I used seam binding by 7 Gypsies (also purchased from the Kraft Outlet) which I altered by soaking it in water and scrunching it up in a ball and letting it dry. The lace is from an old wedding dress I rescued from the Good Will.  The gem butterfly was purchased from Taylored Expressions. So what's your crafty style?  Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


The Sleepy Stamper

This card is entered in the Papercraft Star Sketch Challenge
The Kraft Journal "Bling" challenge















Paper:  Buff Ivory card stock, from the Kraft Outlet, patterned paper from Webster's Pages
Stamps:  Three Little Words, Winds of Friendship from SU
Ink:  Distress inks from Ranger, Tuxedo Black from Memento
Embellishments:  Spellbinders Labels 9, Victorian seam binding from 7 Gypsies, leaf pin from Maya Road

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card!! So many fabulous things going on here. You always impress me, such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the embossed frame and the colors are fabulous! I love it, great work! BTW, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog post! So glad you could join us again this week at Papercraft Star! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! You have combined two of my very favorite things here......Webster's pages paper and Kraft Outlet goodies....so this is right up my alley. Love your scrunched seam binding and love the bird stamp. This is awesome.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZEE WOW WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! The paper, the image, that fantastic frame, and the lace!! It's amazing what some people get rid of. LOL This really is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing again at Papercraft Star AND The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to get frames now! They are a must have!
    So beautiful!
    Kind regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete