Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Papercraft Star Challenge 154

Hello my blog land friends!  It's Wednesday and time for another challenge over at the Papercraft Star.  If you haven't already checked out the Papercraft Star blog head on over there and check out our new look!  This weeks inspiration photo brings thoughts of relaxing vacation time to my mind.



For my card this week I used an image I cut from a Graphic 45 sheet.  I love this vintage image.  I'm such a fan of vintage photos.  Whenever I see a vintage photo at antique stores I feel a bit odd purchasing them.  I mean, who are the people in the photos, and why aren't in someone's family photo album?  With the images on the G45 sheet I don't feel so strange using them.  



For my card I used a white card base and layered and aqua paper distressed with evergreen bough.  I then used a scalloped scallop punch to create waves cut from Graphic 45's Tropical Travelog.  I then tucked the image behind some of the "waves" and added some simple lace.  The "RELAX" is a stamp from Verve and was stamped in blushing bride ink.  I added a hint of distress ink on the edges of the word RELAX and popped it up with pop dots.  If my sewing machine didn't weigh a ton I would have liked to stitch around the edges.  Yea when the Bernina dealer made the pitch "yes it's made from all steel parts" I should have realized it then that it would be VERY heavy.  Oh well you live and learn.  I hope you get a chance to participate in our challenge this week.  Head on over the the Papercraft Star blog to see the new look and what beauties our fabulous design team have created!

Hugs,
Anitra


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on that photo Anitra! I love your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just like you are about vintage photos ! I looked at a bunch last week while we were out of town at a little antique filled village - but ouch, the prices !! What a lovely card you have created, with the waves, and all so turquoise-y, and I love you chose a bluish colored ink. Perfect, as always !! Hugs ! -J-

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Wonderful image, Anitra! FUN AND FABULOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the vintage image and how you incorporated it into the gorgeous color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful and a wonderful take on the colour/photo inspiration.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita-I have made a card for this challenge but it says the link is closed but it says that it is open until Tuesday. I would love to link it up.
    Here is my blog link
    http://sandiesandie16.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/inspiration.html

    Could you email me and let me know if U can add it on sandiesandie16@gmail.com
    And I love how you have used this funky verve stamp with the vintage image. I have never thought of this as I have this stamp and only ever use it with CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete