Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Papercraft Star Challenge 153

Greetings everyone.  This summer is just flying by.  I can't believe school starts next month!  Is it too early to go school shopping?  I just love to buy those school supplies.  Pencils, composition books, folders, crayons... I love it all!  For this weeks challenge over at the Papercraft Star our inspiration photo is a real beauty!



Recycle
Piano
Music
Colors
Flowers

I just love how Jan gives suggestions for the inspiration photo.  I really liked the idea of using the recycle theme.  Last May while the teachers were cleaning out their classrooms at my son's school one was throwing out lots of manila folders and good lined and graph paper.  Well you better believe I asked if I could have all that goodness.  For my project this week I recycled those manila folders into a mini junk journal. 



From one manilla folder I was able to make two mini file folders.  Using the original tab as a template I cut these to 6" high by 8 1/2" wide.  It was then scored at 4" along the width and folded to create this adorable journal.  Using some twine I sewed in the different papers from my stash and rescued school paper.  I covered the front using some cosmo cricket paper and added a digital image from Etsy.  I then added some sparklers from Webster's Pages and a Martha Stewart paper doily.  Some seam binding and a little charm are tied to keep the journal closed. 


On the inside of the journal I made pockets for tags and lots of room for journaling.  If only I can bring myself to actually write in this little cutie!  Be sure to check out the rest of the design teams creations here on the PCS blog. I hope to see how you are inspired by our photo.  Have a good week and thank you for stopping by!

Anitra







5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Anitra this is a fabulous album! Love what you did! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great way to recycle! I would have tossed all that stuff in our recycle bin, but so happy you could see potential!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anitra, you always just rock those PCS challenges ! The little charm is just perfect. So often you inspire me, and I just don't tell you that enough !! PCS (ok I really mean me) is so lucky to have you, and to have had you for so long too ! It has been more than two years, wow. I always look forward to seeing where each challenge takes you. Hugs my friend !! -J-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anitra, this journal is absolutely GORGEOUS! To think it all started with recycling! LOVE the colors and baubles and FAB details on every page! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty, Anitra! Gosh, those papers are divine... Swoon! And your little charm is ever so perfect! Hey, and thanks for stopping by to say hi. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete