Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 110

Well it's getting closer to Christmas!  Anyone freaking out yet!  I myself still have Christmas shopping to do, cards to send and somehow still need to have the kiddos pictures taken!  Although now I think I'll have to postpone the pictures for now since my little ones are still getting over being sick:-(.  I did have a chance to play in this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge.  Well just barely.  I saw it was a four color combo and I just love the colors chosen for this week's color story.  For my card I used a few different lines of products. I started out with a real red card base which I adhered some patterned papers from Echo Park called "Season's Greetings" to a navy mat.  Then I used stamp sets from MFT Stamps called "Framed Greetings", and the sentiment stamp is from Tim Holtz.  The "Framed Greetings" stamp set comes with a coordinating die which make it so easy to cut out the frame perfectly!  A little tree is tucked behind my sentiment for a little more holiday spirit and my card was done!  How about you, are you in the holiday spirit?  This afternoon while stopping by the Starbucks a couple in front of us paid for our coffee's and told us to have a blessed day.  With all the hustle and bustle, the grouchy sales people and long lines this was an act of kindness that was so unexpected we were overcome with the reminder of what Christmas truly means.  So sending kind thought to my bloggy friends and wishing you a blessed day.

Anitra






Paper:  Echo Park Season's greetings, Real Red, Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss, card stock from SU
Ink:  Kiwi Kiss, Real Red
Stamps:  Tim Holtz, Framed Greetings from MFT
Embellishments:  Edge punch from EK success, Framed Greetings die from MFT Stamps, Tree from Echo Park sticker sheet

2 comments:

  1. These papers are just so perfect and fun, and I love your little scalloped edges! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! And I hope your kiddos get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'm freaking out too lol. Love your card, it's such a pretty use of the colours. I love that label you've done too, really great card. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete