Sunday, June 5, 2011

Masculine Anniversary Card

Good Sunday morning.  This week the Papercraft Star blog had a dual challenge using a photo as inspiration to create a wedding or anniversary project an/or a masculine card.  You could do one or both.  I have decided to combine the challenges.  For this card I took the inspiration of the photo's white on white look.  Since my main color would be white I tried to use different textures to make my card look more interesting.  I used a embossing Swiss dot folder from Sizzix along with some designer cardstock from Stampin Up.  The sentiment is from Verve witch I used a Spellbinder ribbon tag die to stamp on.  To make it look more masculine I adhered a striped black and silver printed paper down the center.  This was a fun dual challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing other dual challenges witch will be happening the entire month of June.  So if you didn't get a chance to participate this time you have all month to try one.  Also Trade Fish Design is offering a 10% discount to Papercraft Star followers!  What an incentive to check them out!  Thank you for stopping by.

Anitra







Stamps:  Love Story by Verve
Paper:  Whisper White cardstock, Speciality paper Bride by SU, Basic Black by SU
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments:  Spellbinders, Ribbon by SU



2 comments:

  1. I loved this photo, and your interpretation is stunning. How fun you mixed in the masculine aspect too - this was the best card I saw all week, anywhere. I always look forward to seeing what you will bring to us each week at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card. I love the classic solid white and black colors. I am so glad you shared you creation with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete