Sunday, December 12, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 59

Sunday evening and a wonderful weekend has come to an end.  Luckily for me my husband is off from work tomorrow so the fun can continue!  I did have some time to play at the Play Date Cafe!  The colors for this weeks challenge were bold colors.  I had wanted to make a frame pendant for a while now and thought these colors were perfect.  I found beads that were a crystal Caribbean blue.  I made a chain using the beads along with coordinating ribbon with the challenge colors.  I must admit that I have never made a chain before. Using a demo, given by Regan from Emora Designs Blog, I managed to get through it.   For the pendant, I really wanted to do a collage of different images.  I was able to use my stamp set Artistic Etchings from Stampin Up which worked nicely in such a small area.  I also cut a small piece of patterned paper with pinking shears and adhered a small lace flower topped with some of the smallest bling I've ever seen, called twinkles.  The words were from a long forgotten stamp set also from Stampin Up called So Many Sayings. I loved working on this project.  Thank you Sara Anderson for an awesome color challenge!  Thank you for stopping by.

The Sleepy Stamper,













 Paper:  Choice White from Taylored Expressions, Desinger paper from Stampin Up
Ink:  Cool Carribean, from SU, Navy from Momento, Broken China distress ink from Ranger, Perfect Plum from SU
Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, So Many Sayings from SU
Accessories:  Wire, Beads, junp rings, ribbon clasp, frame pendant,

4 comments:

  1. OMGOOOOOOOOOOOODness!! I love this necklace--what a clever use of our colors! BEAUTIFUL! Love the bow--oh my oh my! BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE IT:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! What a creative project...something that can be used all year round! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece, I love the design of the necklace. Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete