Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 58

So I've misplaced my camera, but then again I misplace it about once a week.  Only this time I haven't been able to find it for days : (.  This week's color challenge at the  Play Date Cafe is use the colors red and white.  Perfect for a Christmas project right!  To tell you the truth I need a break from Christmas projects.  Just a small one.  I'll be back in that Christmas spirit and savoring every moment of this magical holiday soon.  For this project I drew inspiration from the amazing design team creations as well as the entries.  I just love Paul's entry over at the Artsiders.  Simple elegance.  So I made a gift bag and used A LOT of bling.    I had a rhinestone button that I had purchased a while back for a cape I made but never used so I thought why not use it now.  Then I made a coordinating card.  The rose on the card was made using the same ribbon as the bow on the bag.  I found this great tutorial on You Tube on how to make ribbon roses.  I was so easy.  I'll need to find the video again and link it up.  Quick post today nap time is almost over.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  Thanks for stopping by.

The Sleepy Stamper,


My apologies for the bad pictures.  I used my phone camera. 










Sketch from Card Positioning System Challenge 196


3 comments:

  1. I wish I could get my photos looking that good with my phone camera! Beautiful entry for our challenge, LOVELY, especially that beautiful big bow!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love that red card with the heart and rose. And glad our DT designs, and Paul's , were helpful as inspiration . Thanks for playing along in the cafe with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHH! This card is stunning--love all that bling! BUT that bag...that is the most beautiful one ever! I LOVE the bling and that bow---oh my oh my! LUSH:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete