Monday, January 27, 2014

Time to get your Kraft On!

Hello fellow crafters!  I'm so excited to be the newest member of The Kraft Journal design team!  I'm looking forward to being apart of this team and hope you join me in this newest journey!  For this week's challenge, we have a wonderful sketch to get your creative juices flowing.




For my card I started using some Buff Ivory cover weight cardstock as my base.  I then matted some patterned paper from October Afternoon's Farm Girl paper pad.  Next I created a fold down element using some black cardstock, to which I added some more of the patterned paper from October Afternoon.  I then added a pickled tomato recipe on the inside and kept it close using magnets from Basic Grey.  Then using the Vintage Black Journaling Cards, I added three mason jar images that I fussy cut from the Farm Girl paper.  The tab is created using stickers from Hodge Podge Magpie, and the Black Apothecary sticker sheets.  A simple banner strip was cut from black card stock and tucked behind the journaling card.  




Here is a picture of the recipe on the inside of the fold down element.  I thought this would be a creative way to share recipes with others.  








I hope you give this challenge a try!  I'd love to see what you can create.  Be sure to hop on over to the other inspiring design team members have created using the same sketch.



Supplies used:
Paper:  Cover Weight Buff Ivory White, The Paper Studio Black card stock, pattern papers from October Afternoon's Farm Girl collection
Embellishments:  Jenni Bowling Black Journaling spots, Jenni Bowling Apothecary stickers, Jenni Bowling Hodge Podge Magpie tab sticker.







5 comments:

  1. I love this card, Anitra. I'm a big fan of October Afternoon, and in fact, I manage to get to their Warehouse Sale in Minnesota every year. I have enough OA to open a small store...LOL! So, this caught my eye right away. I also wanted to welcome you to the Kraft Journal/Kraft Outlet Design Team. I'm so glad to have you with us, and I look forward to seeing more of your art. If I can ever answer any questions or anything for you, just let me know - I'm here! I run a challenge blog, and I would LOVE having you link up your cards and projects. The challenges are always a family-friendly Anything Goes and we have great sponsors with amazing prizes each week. You can find us here:
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - I'd really love having you play along.
    Welcome to the team. I really love your art!
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to The Kraft Journal! So happy to have you designing with us! I love your mason jars and paper choices. What a fun way to share a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Anitra! How exciting! They are lucky to have you!!
    Hugs,T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Anitra! How exciting! They are lucky to have you!!
    Hugs,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Anitra! How exciting! They are lucky to have you!!
    Hugs,T

    ReplyDelete