Friday, June 29, 2012

Papercraft Star Anniversary Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of Papercraft Star's Anniversary!  Today's challenge is from the very talented Jinny!  Her challenge is to create a card without using patterned paper.  Now this was a challenge for me since I love my patterned papers.  For my card I used a sketch from this week's CPS challenge.  I started out with some lunch bag cardstock from The Kraft Outlet.  I matted some soft sky cardstock that I embossed with a swiss dot folder.  I then added some blush blossom on the side along with some lace from my stash.  Instead of an image I used a crown which I made using Spellbinder's nested crowns.  I then distressed the edges of the crown with some antique linen.  For my sentiment I cut out a banner by hand and stamped "thanks so much" in basic black.  To give the banner a little shine I added some silver stickles along the edge.  There you have it, a card with NO patterned papers!  It was a tough one for me but I bet you can tackle this one with flying colors.  Just link it up to this post over at The Papercraft Star and Jinny will choose one entry to win a prize from our sponsor The House Across The Bay, along with her own giveaway!  So be sure to stop by her blog to check out all the details!

Anitra









Paper:  Sky Blue, Blush Blossom cardstock from SU, Lunch bag cardstock from The Kraft Outlet, Choice White from Taylored Expressions
Ink:  Basic Black from SU, Distress inks from Ranger
Stamps:  Three Little Words from SU
Embellishments:  Swiss Dot folder from Cuttle bug, Spellbinders nested crown, Lace from my stash

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Anitra! I just adore that embellished crown, and your length of lace is such a great touch! It was a bit of a challenge, for me, too! It's rare that I make anything without DSP. Thanks for trying ;)! You did fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anitra, your card is so pretty! I love the soft colors! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for the challenge ... just love your design

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Love that big crown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make the sweetest softest things, never a jaggedy edge to your work. Completely lovely !! Hugs !! -J-

    ReplyDelete