Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Holidays

Oh Play Date Cafe it's been too long.  It's be quite a while since I've been able to play over at the Play Date Cafe, but I just had to join in this go round!  How stunning are the color choices this week?  I used some paper from Graphic 45 that I thought would go great with this challenge.  I am not usually drawn to the colors of wine, smudge, leather, and parchment, but the design team did an amazing job, I was totally inspired!  For my card I used the sketch from Random Acts of Creativity, Sketchbook Saturday challenge, but sadly I too forgot to use the felt suggestion on the sketch.  I think it came out just fine though.  I used some Soft Suede cardstock as my base and adhered three strips of patterned papers from Graphic 45.  I ran a zig zag stitch around each strip and added postcard element, along with the sentiment, included in the Christmas Emporium paper pack.  The stamped image is from Crafty secrets which I stamped on some naturals cardstock from SU and colored with some prisma colors.  Another Christmas card down and I'm on a roll!  Hope everyone has a great week and I'll be back tomorrow with a new Papercraft Star Challenge!  Thanks for stopping by.

Anitra








Stamps:  Vintage Christmas from Crafty Secrets
Paper:  Soft Suede, naturals cardsotck from SU, patterned paper from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium
Ink:  Momento rich cocoa
Embellishments:  ribbon from SU, Spellbinders lacy circles, circles small, bling


3 comments:

  1. OH! What beautiful papers--love your stitching and those loopy ribbons:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...what BEAUTIFUL papers! Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete