Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Happy Birthday


Hello bloggy friends! I hope everyone had a good weekend. There are so many challenges out there that I would love to participate in however my crafting time is limited. I decided to combine two challenges. The colors were inspired by the CR8FN 30 challenge. This weeks challenge is to use light blue, light yellow and kraft. The design was inspired by Sarah Martina Parker's card for CASE Study 41 challenge. I just love all the patterns and textures in this card. Here's my take on both challenges. I used a Spellbinders label die to cut the kraft and a die from Verve to cut the white shape. These are from two different companies but they worked out so well. The patterned papers are also from different companies. The yellow is from Making Memories, and the blue is from The Girl's Paperie. I added a scrap of fabric in the corner which I cut with pinking shears. I stitched around the card and added a bow made from seam binding. Birthday cards are always needed so I chose a sentiment from Crafty Secrets. The flower was made from a Sizzix flower die using Kraft paper purchased from the Kraft Outlet. That does it for my card. Thank you for taking a look.

Anitra

















6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, great colours! Thank you for playing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the ribbon treatment and pretty rolled flower embellishment! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the CR84FN card - so very pretty - such delicate coloured background papers. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Anita! This is GORGEOUS!!! Fabulous take on the colors and a wonderful CASE! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love the kraft flower and you've used the colors fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your cards are just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete